Friday 11 March 2011

RESEARCH AND PLANNING: Film Logo For Film Company

This is the final logo for the film company producing my film:

You can see the official film company logo of 'AZ Productions' above, now I shall explain how I came to making this logo. I started trying to think of a name for the production company, and with a bit of research I noticed many companies were named '_____ productions'. Therefore, I wanted to have a word then productions in my film company name. I thought a good idea was to personalize the company by combining my film partner and I's names. My first name is Zachary, and his is Alex, so we decided to combine the first letter of each. Which brought us to the logo below: 
After creating a logo in the form of 'ZA' we decided it was better the other way round so changed it to 'AZ'. We also needed to incorporate the word 'productions' into the logo so we decided tuck this under. I then reviewed the logo and decided the letter 'AZ' should be capital as it would look more effective, and then wouldn't necessarily need a dot. Combining all these factory with some colour and a shadow effect, I came out with the following logo:


I knew I had made steps towards making a good logo at this point, but it still wasn't quite perfect. I felt it was still a bit loose so I tucked the productions right up to the 'AZ'. Also, I thought the logo would be more noticeable and striking if I gave it a black background and reversed the colours, while additionally taking out the red. Finally, following making all these changes I came to the official logo at the top of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment