Wednesday 2 March 2011

PLANNING: Final Storyboard

Below is my final storyboard for my opening 2 minutes to a film, there have been some changes after my TAR 2 to improve it:


Changes I have made from original storyboard
  • The final three bits of our storyboards, parts 7,8 and 9 have completely changed. This is due to my partner and I thinking that we didn't want to tell too much of a storylines in the opening 2 minutes, so this was a change we made on our own accord as appose to being due to our TAR 2. Originally, the final 3 parts were going to be the man walking in on his girlfriend cheating on him. Now however, it is made to look like this will happen but then the guy the girlfriend is having an affair with will hide at the point of the boyfriend walking in. Then they greet each other for Valentines Day, hug and tell each other they love each other, with the girl looking guilty. At this point the titles shall come on in order to lead into a film which would be about the boy finding out the girl was having an affair.
  • In my second bit of target audience research the first person we spoke to suggested that the memories would be going on for too long if they lastedfor 20 seconds. My partner and I think this is a good idea as it keeps the opening moving quickly, so we have changed it to 15 seconds.
  • During my TAR 2 the second person we asked suggested we tried to use some pathetic fallacy in our opening 2 minutes. She suggested using the weather to reflect the mood, as he is only outside once and happy at this time, we are going to try and make sure we shoot it on a sunny day - which i have stated at the top of my storyboard.
  • The final person we spoke to during our TAR 2 suggested that maybe the part where we show a birds' eye image could be tricky. Therefore, we have considered how we can do this, and thought of a way so we decided to not change this. We thought if someone records from high up in each room, doing this each time separately. When we put it together we can put some editing in where the screen wipes from one to the other, showing both the birds' eye views at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment